The Montres Breguet SA clock factory was founded in the year 1775 by the watchmaker Abraham Louis Breguet, for a long it had its Headquarters in Paris and today it is situated in the Swiss Vallée de Joux. In 1780 Brequet manufactured the first watches with automatic lift mechanism and momentum. The first watches with integrated Ton nib (for acoustic time indicator) were built by Breguet in the year 1783. With „pare chute “, in 1790, the factory, got an attention when it made for a frontrunner of the shock absorber. Breguet received a patent in the year 1801 from the French ministry of home affairs about the invention of the Tourbillons. With the first real wrist-watch, which was manufactured in the time from 1810 to 1812, Breguet was a pioneer of the modern watch as regular accessory Since Breguets became world-famous watches and soon imitations with its name arose. Therefore in 1795 Breguet began to affix a secret signature on the dials of his clocks. Among specialists the so-called Breguet spiral also became very well known. The Breguet spiral is a balance spring spiral, which the last spiral handling , thanks to two to something to two knee shaped somehow bends above the spiral, with which concentric „breathing “of the spiral is reached. The factory remained until 1870 as family owned und was taken over by the workshop boss at that time, Edward Brown. The Family of Edward Brown sold Breguet in the year 1970 to the Jeweler named Chaumet. In 1987 Brequet went into the possession of a London Finance company, Investcorp. Under the Investcorp the Groupe Brequet was formed, which included the companies: Montres Brequet, Montres Jacquet – Droz SA, Valdar SA and the Nouvelle Lemania SA. In 1999 Brequet was taken over by the Swatch Group.